St. Agnes parishioners provide catechetical classes for all students in Kindergarten through 12th grade who are not attending Catholic schools. Classes for Kindergarten through 12th grade are held on Sunday mornings. The grade 12 class is held on Sunday evenings except holidays. Two years of religion classes are required for first reception of the sacraments of Penance and Holy Eucharist.
Seventh grade students, who are faithful in attending weekly classes and completing the course of studies, are eligible to be candidates for the Sacrament of Confirmation which is celebrated in the fall of eighth grade. High school Confirmation classes are held during the second semester of the school year in preparation for Confirmation on Pentecost Sunday 21 the Diocesan Cathedral.
Volunteers to assist with the program as catechists, aides, or other support personnel are always needed. Home school families are asked to contact the Director of Religious Education at the beginning of the school year if your children will be receiving the sacraments with the parish class. Information on the Religious Education Program can be found in the church vestibule.
The Religious Education office provides for:
- Religious formation for students in public schools and other private non-Catholic schools.
- Registration for Religious Education classes (K-8, 9-12) for SY2017.
- Registration pledge for volunteers SY2017
- SY2017 Calendar (SY2017 indicates the School Year ending in May, 2017, that is, the school year for 2016-2017)
- Sacramental preparation for children (Penance, Communion, and Confirmation).
- The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) for those interested in inquiring into the Catholic Faith.
- Confirmation 2016: Registration Form and Sacramental Preparation Packet
Director of Religious Education: Mrs. Bernadette Michael
The Religious Education office is located in the Parish Center. Enter by the N. Stafford St. entrance.