First of all, We are so glad you are here!
The Welcome Team’s goal is to enthusiastically greet every new parishioner, and to make them feel welcomed and encouraged to grow in faith and experience the sacraments. The Welcome Team also serves as a resource for how to get involved in parish life and how to learn more about our Catholic Faith. Whether you are new to Arlington, new to Saint Agnes or even new to the Catholic faith, we are here to help you feel at home!
If you haven’t officially registered yet with the parish, please completing the Parish Registration Form and you will then be able to receive all news and information about Saint Agnes and our faith family.
We have been in your shoes. We were the “new kids” on the block not long ago and there were some natural hurdles to getting our feet wet. Sometimes in parish life, things just happen. Annual events and other things that are “common knowledge” to the long-time parishioner are just not known for the newcomer. Our job as the Welcome Team is to help you acclimate to the parish. Our plan with these welcome emails is to get you up to speed on the happenings at Saint Agnes as if you have been here for years.
Click here to subscribe to the email Welcome Series for New Parishioners. Think of it as an orientation to parish life at Saint Agnes provided to you via periodic emails. We give you a glimpse into what parish life at Saint Agnes is like so hopefully you are more comfortable or inclined to getting involved or joining a new group.
New Parishioner Welcome Dinners
Join other new and “seasoned” parishioners for a casual family-style dinner as a welcome into the Saint Agnes parish family. Dinner, sides and drinks will be provided, so please bring only yourselves.
You’re welcome to attend one or all of our welcome dinners! Please bring the whole family. Kids are certainly welcome too! We hope these dinners become a fun event where new parishioners connect with others and quickly feel at home at Saint Agnes!
Please click on the dates below to learn more about that particular dinner and to RSVP.
@ the Parish Convent
Great Events for Newcomers!
These annual are not necessarily sponsored by the Welcome Team, but they serve as great ways to get to know fellow parishioners.
- Monthly Coffee & Donuts – Once a month during the school year, an organization or ministry from Saint Agnes hosts Coffee & Donuts in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning masses.
- Lenten Soup Suppers and Fish Frys are fun, family-style gatherings where people chat over dinner.
- The Parish Picnic in September is held in the school parking lot with bouncy houses, a beer truck, ice cream truck and parish provided BBQ for all parishioners to enjoy.
- The Golf Outing in October has been held at the Army Navy country Club and is a day full of games, raffles, fun, dinner and prizes.
- The School hosts a Halloween Party every year for students and pre-school aged children of the parish. They open early for the younger children so they can experience the fun before the whole student body joins the festivities.
- St Joseph Day Celebration (St. Joseph Table) – This is a fun celebration honoring St Joseph. It is a Italian tradition giving thanks for St. Joseph intercessions during a time of draught and famine. The celebration includes delicious food, music, flowers, and fellowship.
A parish that prays together grows together
In addition to the Mass, we Catholics have many rich devotions and traditions to enliven and nurture our faith. Novenas are one such devotion! Saint Agnes prays six (6) novenas together as a parish family.
Novenas are prayers said each day for nine (9) days. The ninth and final day of the novena usually celebrates that particular saint’s feast day or is a vigil of a liturgical event such as Pentecost or Christmas. They are great ways to pray along with the saints and see our Lord through a different set of eyes.
You’ll get daily reminder emails to pray during each of the following Novenas:
- St Agnes (January 13 – January 21)
- St. Joseph (March 11 – March 19)
- Pentecost/Confirmation Novena (said 9 days before Pentecost*, & Confirmation) *Date varies per year.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin (August 7 – August 15)
- St. Therese of the Child Jesus (September 23 – October 1)
- Immaculate Conception (November 30 – December 8)